Who We Are

XL Immigration Consulting Services Inc. is a renowned Immigration Consulting Services firm located in Fraser Valley, British Columbia. We assist our clients with various types of immigration applications and represent them before various government departments and immigration tribunals like Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), Various Provincial Nominee Programs like BC PNP, and Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB). We also assist Canadian Employers with Labour Market Impact Assessment applications and represent them before Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). We provide sound advice to our clients and assist them preparing strong applications or appeal cases.

Learn More

Our Commitment

At XL Immigration Consulting Services, we believe in serving our clients with integrity and trust. We take pride in helping our clients navigate through the toughest terrains of immigration policies and procedures which may seem daunting at the beginning. As we advise our clients, starting with the plan and strategy to approach the desired results, we try to make their experience and transition into a new life as comfortable and easy as possible.

Services Offered

Temporary Residence

Foreign Nationals who intend to visit Canada may require a Temporary Resident Visa.For those, who are nationals of visa exempt countries may require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). U.S. nationals do not require visa or eTA.

Temporary Residence - Students

Students who have a genuine and bona-fide intention of pursuing studies in Canada; and who have been accepted by a Canadian university, college or an educational institution may apply for a study permit. If granted, they may arrive in Canada and are usually granted a study permit at the Port of Entry.

Temporary Residence - Workers

People who intend to work in Canada must apply for and obtain a work permit before they are allowed to work in Canada. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule and some foreign nationals may be eligible to work without needing a work permit. Please check our Workers page for more information on Temporary Foreign Workers status.

Authorization to Return to Canada

Foreign Nations and/or permanent residents who were removed from Canada in the past post enforcement of certain removal orders (Exclusion and Deportation orders) may not be allowed to return and enter Canada. However, if their return to Canada outweighs the facts on the basis of which they were removed in the past, they must apply for an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC).

Temporary Resident Permits

Foreign Nationals who are considered inadmissible to Canada or who do not meet the requirements as stated in immigration law may be issued a Temporary Resident Permit. Immigration and visa officers have high level of discretion and may only grant one if they are satisfied that an applicant’s reason for entry or stay in Canada outweighs the risk of their presence.

Family Sponsorship

Canadian Citizens and permanent residents may sponsor their family members as defined in the immigration law. The family members they are eligible to sponsor are:


  • Spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • Dependent children
  • Parents and Grandparents
  • Adopted children
  • Orphaned relatives (under the age of 18, is single, and is the sponsor’s sibling, niece/nephew or grandchild)
  • Lonely Canadian (certain conditions must be met)

Federal Skilled Worker Program

Foreign nationals who have gained skilled work experience outside of Canada which must be one year full-time and continuous (or equivalent in part-time) may qualify to apply for permanent residence provided they meet the required language levels and other criteria. There is a Federal Skilled Worker points grid which consist 100 points. Those who can obtain 67 points out of 100 are eligible to make a profile. This program is also managed under Express Entry.

Canadian Experience Class

Skilled Workers who work in Canada and gain one year full-time Canadian work experience (or equivalent in part-time) while being employed by a Canadian employer may qualify to apply for Permanent Residence. The work experience gained must be within preceding three years. They must also meet other requirements including official language proficiency. This program is now managed under Express Entry.

Federal Skilled Trades Program

People who have two years of full-time work experience (or equivalent in part-time) in skilled trade occupations within preceding five years and either have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory or have a job offer from a Canadian employer supported by positive or neutral LMIA may qualify to make an application for Permanent Residence under this program. They must also meet other requirements including official language proficiency. This program is also managed under Express Entry.

Labour Marker Impact Assessment

Canadian employers who make considerable efforts to acquire talent in the local market; however, face difficulties in finding a talented individual locally may apply to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). A Canadian business must apply for LMIA if they intend to hire talent from international markets.

Refugee Claims

People who are displaced and are forced to live outside the country of their nationality or from the country where they normally lived and cannot return there for the reasons related to race, religion, political opinion, nationality, or membership in a particular social group (for example: sexual orientation or gender) may apply for refugee protection.


Those who do not have have the reasons listed above, but have other reasons due to which they cannot return to their country may apply for Person in Need of Protection status. Please click on the link below to see what options refugees or persons who need Canada’s protection have.

Pre-Removal Risk Assessment

Foreign Nationals and permanent residents who were issued a removal order may have an option to apply for Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA), if they fear returning back to their country may put them at risk of life or cruelty. People whose refugee claim was rejected, abandoned or withdrawn may not be eligible to apply for PRRA unless 12 months elapse after their claim was rejected or abandoned. However, there are certain exceptions.

Immigration Appeals

If you are a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident and have sponsored your Spouse or Common-Law Partner to join you in Canada, but that application was denied by the reviewing visa officer outside of Canada; you have a right to appeal that decision. 

Likewise, a few other decision may be appealed to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB).


Foreign Nationals and in some cases, permanent residents may become inadmissible to Canada for various reasons. The grounds for inadmissibilities may include, but are not limited to secruity, human rights violations, criminal history, involvement in serious crime, organized crimes, health condition, financial reasons, misrepresentation and because of an inadmissible family member

Admissibility Hearings

If you have been notified by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) that you may be inadmissible and have been advised to appear for an admissibility hearing, it is serious and you must seek competent legal advise. Depending on a person’s status there could either be an administrative inadmissibility finding or may be referred to Immigration Division (ID) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB), where a member will hear your case.

Detention Review

Foreign Nationals or Permanent Residents who are arrested and detained by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) for any reason, and who are not released subsequently are legally entitled to a detention review. The first review is mandated within 48 hours after being detained. If for any reason the detained person is not ordered released the second detention review is mandated within 7 days and every subsequent detention review is mandated within 30 days, with a few exceptions. A sound legal advise and advocacy may help the detained person secure a release from detention.

Removal Orders

Foreign Nationals and permanent residents who do not comply with immigration law or meet the conditions of their stay in Canada may be issued removal order. There are three types of removal orders which may be issued, based on the severity of the facts of the case. These removal orders are:


  • Departure Order
  • Exclusion Order
  • Deportation Order

Humanitarian & Compassionate Applications

Foreign Nationals who are presently living in Canada but do not qualify to apply for Permanent Residence under any of the categories, but have compelling reasons that they should be allowed to live in Canada may make an application for Permanent Residence on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds.


Foreign Nationals living outside of Canada who do not meet few criteria of an immigration program may request an exemption from those criteria. It is a flexible option using which an application could me made, but immigration officers must be satisfied that humanitarian and compassionate considerations exist before they approve an application.


Latest News

Request a Consultation

Consult with a Canadian Regulated Immigration Consultant

for finding a solution of your

immigration requirements.